BAKER | NOKARA FARMS
To assist in the daily baking activities maintaining consistent, high quality baked goods.
We are looking to hire a full-time baker who will be responsible for assisting in the daily baking of fresh pies and a wide range of other baked goods. We are looking for a hard working individual to help in a fun, fast paced environment.
Candidates must be comfortable in the kitchen and have a solid understanding and love for baking. They must also be outgoing, reliable, friendly, and knowledgeable with a positive attitude, as they will also be working in the store front and interacting with our customers. Passion to learn about Niagara’s rich agriculture and growing seasons and prior baking experience is a definite asset.
Bake the items that are on the menu and have them ready in time for opening
- Follow the formulas on a consistent basis to keep the quality and cost constant
- Prepare items that are needed for the following day’s consumption
- Keep working area in good sanitary order and rotate finished goods to ensure top quality products are always on display
- Perform all other duties when asked in order to assure the smooth running of the operation
- Be an important part of the team that will make this operation a success
- Ensure the consistency and quality of all baking created
- Prior experience in the food industry is a definite asset
- Prior retail experience is a definite asset
- Must be able to use basic math to calculate portions
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards is very important
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a high performance, fast-paced team environment
- Comfortable meeting the physical requirements of the position (standing for long periods of time and working in a commercial kitchen where extremes in heat and cold are common)
- All candidates must be available to work Saturdays and Holidays.
- Closed Sundays
ABOUT NOKARA FARMS
Nokara Farms is an on-farm market located in Port Dalhousie, Ontario, known for fine homegrown fruits and vegetables and an onsite pie bakery.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resumes to email@example.com. All resumes must be received by April 1st, 2014. Target start date: May through to the end of October. If you are returning to school in September, we are willing to accommodate your education, whether that means you will be back at school full-time or if part-time work is possible. We appreciate your interest in working at Nokara Farms, however; only successful candidates will be contacted and selected for interviews.
Back to all jobs here